Seeking summer projects
As the glee of summer’s relaxation wears off and I find myself anxiously pacing I hope you’ll keep in mind that I will gladly dance for your money. In particular, I’m looking for freelance cartography jobs this summer, in Cincinnati or elsewhere. Do you know of any? I’d love to hear about them!
Here are some things I would like to work on in the next few months:
- Demographic/statistical analysis, whether of census data, data from the BTS, NTD, BLS, FHA, etc. I’m particularly interested if there’s a spatial component, but don’t need that to get excited about it.
- A transit system map: My dream job! What agency wouldn’t love to bring on a young cartographer with a lot of big new ideas and none of the overhead of the boring out-of-town shops that keep giving them the same old junk? This includes schedule maps, layout and design. You know it’s broken; let me help you make it better!
- Compelling, narrative, possibly interactive, maps for non-profits looking to make the case that there is some spatial injustice/problem that their agency will solve. Poverty? Homelessness? Crime? Bring it on!
- Anything that involves interactive web mapping and setting up a tile-server. I’ve been wanting to try this for ages now. Give me the excuse!
- Complex multivariate data analysis and visualization. Bar charts are for children…let’s step it up to the next level!
My prices are LOW LOW LOW for a professional cartographer, as I’m really just trying to get started here. I’m excited about what I do and I guarantee better work than any established agency can deliver at a similar price.
I’m also unusually familiar with open-source software, meaning that anything you get from me(all data and source files included) will still be useful to you after the job is over.
Check out my portfolio/freelance business here and please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or want a quick quote on anything you might have in mind.